We have recently received funding from the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation for the purchase of a Cameca nanoSIMS instrument that will allow us to produce MS images of species with 50 nm resoltuion. For access please see this link .
The NanoSIMS 50L delivers simultaneously several key performances that can only be obtained individually with any other known instrument or technique:
– High analysis spatial resolution (down to 50 nanometers),
– High sensitivity (ppm in element imaging),
– High Mass Resolution (M/dM),
– Parallel acquisition of seven masses,
– Fast acquisition (DC mode, not pulsed),
– Analysis of electrically insulating samples without problem.
And thanks to recent improvements, isotope ratio reproducibility of a few tenths of permil can now be achieved.